Join our team
Come help us build a better commute!
- 5+ years designing at a creative agency or an in-house design team
- Significant product design experience with a consumer mobile-first product
- Great personality and strong social skills
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in developing mobile apps, with
- at least 1 year of experience with React-Native
- at least 1 year of experience in developing consumer-facing app(s)
- Experience with mobile automated-testing and CI flows
- An eye for detail and a feeling for good UX
- A team player with a positive approach
- Experience in the smart-transportation world – an advantage
Hip is looking for a strong full-stack engineer to join our core team, and develop systems and interfaces to track and manage large-scale flow of people and traffic.
We’re looking for developers who are interested in being involved in the entire life-cycle of each feature, and want to innovate and have a positive impact on the entire team.
Our main tech stack elements are: Typescript, Vue.js, and Python (for algorithms & ML), however we’re open to developers with any programming-language background.
We follow good development practices, e.g. CI/CD, automated testing etc., and value good design.Requirements:
- 3+ years of full-stack development experience in an object-oriented language
- Experience with large scale web-based applications
- Ability to develop features end-to-end, from idea through implementation to testing and deployment
- Experience with consuming external APIs
- Used to working in the cloud (e.g. AWS/Google/Azure)
- Experience in developing a consumer-facing product or system – advantage
- Experience in the smart-transportation world – advantage
Growth & Marketing
- Deeply understand employee transportation needs and concerns amongst Travel Management, Workplace, Human Resources and other related organizational roles.
- Drive qualitative and quantitative research and competitive analysis to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Develop marketing strategy, including key objectives, product positioning, messaging, and lead channels, in collaboration with Product and Sales teams.
- Establish channel investment strategy and budget, then drive and/or support the creation of marketing assets e.g., email campaigns, case studies, videos, print collateral, websites, etc. to lead conversion.
- Increase Hip’s brand awareness in the commuter services, corporate transportation, and employee benefits industries
- Thrive in an environment where it’s up to you to design the future, in a highly autonomous environment where you’re encouraged to test new ideas, learn rapidly, and iterate.
- Have innate ability to translate marketing efforts into easy to consume information for our target audiences – clearly showing where a customer learned of our brand to inform their likely buying behavior.
- Have a customer-focused ability to understand needs and develop insights that shape marketing plans and influence product roadmaps.
- Have a well-organized approach to your work coupled with an ambitious drive to get things done, set huge goals, then achieving them.
- Plan and execute solutions in a rapidly changing industry.
- Balance multiple priorities and complete tasks on time.
- Combined 7+ years of relevant experience within a marketing role or sales enablement environment.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including sales, product management, and customer support.
- Experience leveraging a highly analytical approach to rapidly test performance.
- Basic HTML & CSS coding ability, in addition to intermediate SQL writing ability
- Experience across multiple marketing channels, including Google Ads, LinkedIn, SEO/SEM, and content sponsorship
- Experience in B2B sales and marketing required, experience with SaaS tools a plus
- Knowledge of ground transportation, facilities management, commercial real estate or other people operations industry areas
- Drive operations, marketing & customer service, growth, strategy & planning with robust data analysis, using both internal and external data
- Analyzing customer data, to understand user segmentation, usage trends and more
- Analyzing and compiling operational data, to keep the buses running on time
- Developing tables/data structures, reports, dashboards, KPIs and metrics, that enable the leadership team to closely monitor business KPIs
- Coming up with new ways to use our data to drive operational and gross margin improvements
- Analyzing raw data according to complicated business questions
- Planning and implementation of projects, as a result of your analysis and recommendations, or as needed
- Operations management work for all-hands-on-deck projects or events
- General problem solving — we’re a start-up, see a problem that you think is fixable and will improve our business, our team, even the office day-to-day? Have at it!
- At least 4 years of experience in business operations, management consulting, market research & analysis or other related field
- At least 2 years in an analytics focused role – strong Excel and SQL skills a must
- Proven experience creating meaningful business insights based on data
- Both a technical and business orientation
- A love of number-crunching combined with a strong passion for creating real-world impact with your analysis
- Past experience in the mobility tech / startup industry
- Experience in Python, R or other scripting languages
- Experience working with geospatial or GIS data (e.g. Census data, ArcGIS experience, etc)
- A passion for transportation & mobility
- Experience working with remote teams