Last Revised: Jan 1, 2024
Hip Mobility Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Hip Mobility”, “we”, “our” or “us”) respect the privacy of our Platform’s and Site’s users (“User” or “you”), including our website at https://hqtravel.com/ and it subdomains, webapp and mobile application and the services offered via the Platform (collectively, the “Platform”, and the “Site”, “App” and “Services”, respectively). We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you register and/or use our Platform and Site. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
The Platform is provided to Users solely in connection with services that we provided to the User’s employer or other business that authorized the User to access and use the Platform (collectively, “your Organization”), under a services agreement executed between your Organization and Hip Mobility.
For further queries, please review the privacy policies of your Organization associated with the Platform, as applicable. If, in the context of using the Platform, you have reached out to your Organization and you have not received a reply, you may approach Hip Mobility, and we will make commercially reasonable efforts to assist you.
BY DOWNLOADING, ACCESSING AND/OR USING THE PLATFORM, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED, USED, PRODUCED OR OTHERWISE PROCESSED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM, MAY BE MONITORED AND BECOME AVAILABLE TO YOUR ORGANIZATION, AND MAY BE USED BY YOU ORGANIZATION, AT ITS DISCRETION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY TERM PROVIDED HEREIN, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ORGANIZATION AND CEASE ANY ACCESS OR USE OF THE PLATFORM.
1.Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
2.Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
2.1. Non-personal Information. The first type is non-identifiable and anonymous information. Non-personal Information, which is being gathered, consists of technical information and behavioral information that does not pertain to a specific individual (“Non-Personal Information”).
When you use the Platform and/or Site, like most platforms, we passively collect certain Non-Personal Information from your devices, including: (i) technical information such as the type and version of your device and its operating system, the type of browser, screen resolution, device browser and keyboard language, Wi-Fi connectivity, the type and name of your device and/or browser, etc.; and (ii) behavioral information which may include the User’s click-stream on the Platform, the activities of the User on the Platform and Site and additional information of a similar nature (collectively, “Technical and Behavioral Information”). Please note that we or our third-party service providers will collect such Technical and Behavioral Information by using certain tracking technologies, such as cookies, as further detailed below.
2.2. Personal Information. The other type of information we collect is individually identifiable information. To put it simply, this information identifies an individual or is of a private and/or sensitive nature, such as your contact information (“Personal Information”), including:
2.2.1. Personal Information which is provided consciously and voluntarily:
- Account: Personal Information is collected from the details the Users provide as part of the registration to the Platform and creating, modifying or logging into their Account. Such Personal Information may include your name, email address, phone number, payment information, pick up and drop off locations, and any other information which you may voluntarily provide to us.
- Information derived from your use of the Platform and/or Site: when you use the Platform and/or Site, we are aware of your actions and interactions within our Services and may retain such information. For example: when you make a Reservation for a Ride via the App, we record such transactions and maintain related information, such as location, length, costs, etc. Please note that such information may also be used to derive certain information about you, such as your consumption habits and financial status.
- Communications with Hip Mobility: Personal Information is collected from the details that Users may provide as part of any communications with Hip Mobility, by any means, including via the Platform, chat, e-mail, telephone, or otherwise. Such Personal Information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and any other information which you may voluntarily provide to us.
- Mailing list: You may voluntarily provide us with your contact details in order to subscribe to our newsletter and to receive commercial materials from Hip Mobility and our partners.
- Payments: Certain fees may be charged for, or through, our Services via the Platform, and you will have the option to use certain Online Payment Processors which will require you to fill out a billing form wherein you will be required to provide to such Online Payment Processors certain Personal Information (such as, a credit card number and other related billing information). We will not store such information on our servers. We only keep token information such Online Payment Processors provide us with (and where applicable, the last four digits of your credit card number), and such information is strictly secured.
- Promotions and Co-Branded Services. We or our advertisers and other business partners may conduct or sponsor special contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions (“Promotion”) that users may enter, register for or otherwise participate in through the Platform/Site. Certain of these Promotions may be co-branded with one of our advertisers, business partners, charities, sponsors or other third parties (“Third-Party Partners”). Such co-branded services will identify the Third-Party Partner. In these instances, the Third-Party Partner may collect your Personal Information directly on its website or another online service may collect your Personal Information and share it with us and/or the Third-Party Partner. If you enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to Third-Party Partners or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and publication of a list of winners, as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s rules.
2.2.2. Personal Information collected via technology:
- Identifiers: during your use of the Platform and/or Site, we will access, collect, process, monitor and/or remotely store online identifiers, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, AD-ID or other unique identifiers, for the purpose of providing you with targeted advertising, security purposes and for statistical and metric purposes. In addition, when using the Platform and/or Site, our authorized third-party service providers may collect your advertising identifiers, as further detailed below.
- Geolocation data: The User experience is enhanced by certain features that require sharing precise or approximate location data from Users’ mobile devices, such as showing a vehicle’s real-time location in relation to the User. We only use such data where Users have granted us permission to do so through the permission system used by their mobile device. We collect this data when the App is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of the Users’ mobile device. In addition, while using the Platform and/or Site we will access, collect, process, monitor and/or remotely store “geolocation data”, including through the collection of IP addresses and other similar information to determine your general location for analytics and security purposes.
- Technical and Behavioral Information: to the extent that the Technical and Behavioral Information detailed above under Section 1 will be linked to or associated with a specific individual then such information will be considered as Personal Information.
2.2.3. Information from other sources:
- We also obtain information from other sources, which may include, but not limited to, Hip Mobility’s third party transportation services providers (“Third Party Transportation Providers”), which is necessary to provide you with our Services.
- Information You Provide About a Third Party. If you use our referral program to tell a friend, relative or someone you know about our service (“Referred Person”), we will ask you to provide the Referred Person’s name and email address. We will automatically send the Referred Person an email inviting them to try our service. We may also send a follow-up email or e-mails, at our discretion. If a Referred Person no longer wants to receive communications from us, they can email email@example.com with their request and we will discontinue further communications.
- Data Provided by your organization. Your Organization may share with us certain personal data, as necessary to provide the Services, including as is necessary to generate a price quote, plan and/or carry out transportation Services. This data may include without limitation: employee home address and/or zip code, employee name, business email address and employee ID number. The scope, categories and types of information provided to us by your Organization is determined exclusively by your Organization and is subject to your Organization’s policies and your agreements with your Organization. For additional information, please refer to your Organization’s applicable privacy policies and notices.
2.3. Please note:
- We may cross-reference Personal Information with other Personal Information we have about you and any Non-personal Information connected or linked to or associated with any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection, linkage or association exists.
3. How Do We Collect Information about Our Users?
There are a few main methods that we use in order to collect information:
3.1. We collect information through your entry and use of the Platform and/or Site. In other words, when you are using the Platform or Site, we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage. For example, when you use the Platform, we gather your Technical and Behavioral Information.
3.2. We collect information which you decide to provide us with voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information when you register to the Platform.
3.3. We collect information from other sources. For example, when you use the Services, we collect Personal Information from your Organization and from Third Party Transportation Providers.
We may gather, collect and store such information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
4.1. Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Provide you with our Services;
- Create statistics, for research purposes and for customization and improvement of our Platform and/or Site;
- Enhance the User’s experience while using the Platform and/or Site; and
- Keep the Platform and Site safe and secured and for prevention of fraud.
4.2. Personal Information is collected in order to:
- To provide our Services, Platform and Site, including transportation service provided by Third Party Transportation Providers, and to enable the operation of the Platform and constant improvement of the Site and Platform;
- Enable communication and the services from third party vendors, such as Third-Party Transportation Providers, via the Platform and/or App;
- Carry our obligations arising from any agreement entered into between Hip Mobility and your Organization. Please note that such obligation includes full disclosure of any Personal Information collected and/or processed via the Platform to your Organization;
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, comments, and suggestions;
- Create and update Users’ Accounts;
- Ensure that the content on the Platform and/or Site is presented in an optimal way for you and for your device (e.g., tablet, mobile phone);
- Provide support and technical assistance;
- Personalize your experience on the Platform and/or Site;
- Track and record relevant Service information, such as Users’ boarding status, booked vehicle capacity, real-time vehicle capacity;
- Facilitate payments for the Services, including transportation service provided by Third Party Transportation Providers;
- Enable our third-party advertising service providers to present you with Hip Mobility’s advertisements on websites across the Internet and across devices. You may opt-out from such advertising activities by following the directions detailed below;
- Provide Users with receipts; inform Users of changes to our Terms, Services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the Services or products of Hip Mobility or its partners.
- Send you by email, SMS, phone, through web-browser notification or through the post updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to Hip Mobility and Hip Mobility’s products and services;
- Conduct internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- Email tracking – we may use tracking technology within the email we may send you in order to improve interactions with you and to better understand whether our emails were opened and read, and such tracking may include capturing the time and date in which you opened our email messages and the type of device you use to open such emails;
- Keep the Platform and Site safe and secured and for prevention of fraud and crime;
- Comply with our legal obligations and in order to be able to protect our rights and legitimate interests, including in order to improve the Platform and/or Site; and
- Maintain our data processing records and general administrative purposes.
Note to our Users in the UK and in the EU
In order for Hip Mobility to process your Personal Information, as detailed herein, such processing must be justified by a “basis” for processing. Please note that the Personal Information processing activities detailed herein may be justified on the basis that:
- the processing is based on your consent – where you provide us with your consent to process your Personal Information for one or more specific purposes, including where you provided your Organization with consent to a specific type of data processing purpose. For instance, before we contact you for electronic marketing purposes, you will be asked to consent to our processing of your Personal Information for this purpose. If you choose not to provide your consent for such processing activities, or if you decide later on to revoke your consent, this will affect our ability to provide you with the affected Services;
- the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation – we may process your Personal Information for disclosure of information to authorities and to comply with our legal obligations (e.g., paying taxes); and
- the processing is in our legitimate commercial interests – subject to your interests and fundamental rights, under our legitimate interest in marketing our products and services via the Platform and offering the public comfortable and safe access to our Platform, we shall perform the Personal Information processing activities described herein, such as the processing of your Personal Information in order to personalize the Platform, assisting us to prevent crime and fraud, manage our internal operations, gathering statistics and for marketing purposes. Where we rely on legitimate interests as a lawful basis, we carry out a balancing test to ensure that your interests, rights and freedoms do not override our legitimate interests.
If you have any question or require any clarifications regarding the basis for processing your Personal Information, please refer to your Organization.
Note to non-UK/EU Users:
BY ENTERING, CONNECTING TO, ACCESSING OR USING THE PLATFORM AND/OR APP, YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS SPECIFIED HEREIN.
When you access or use the Platform and/or Site, we and/or our third party service providers may use industry-wide technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, clear gifs and other similar tools (or other similar technologies) (collectively, “Cookies“) which may enable us, amongst others, to recognize your device from those of other Users of the Platform, to improve the Platform’s performance, to deliver a better and more personalized service according to our Users’ individual interests and the device or browser used, to track Users’ use of the Platform, to gather information about the Users’ approximate geographic location (e.g. city), to prevent fraud and/or abuse, to estimate our audience size and usage pattern and perform other analytics, to develop our Platform and to serve targeted advertisements.
When you visit the Platform and/or Site, we may deploy the following Cookies which are essential to the Platform and/or Site’s proper functioning:
More about cookies: Most devices and browsers will allow you to erase Cookies from your device’s hard drive, block acceptance of Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored on your device. However, if you block or erase Cookies, your experience of the Platform may be limited.
For detailed instructions regarding the blocking of Cookies, please refer to your browser’s ‘help’, ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ sections or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Below are links to instructions regarding the blocking of Cookies on commonly used web-browsers: Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Safari.
It is possible to opt-out of having your browsing activity within the Platform recorded by performance cookies. Please note that we use Google Analytics as our service provider in order to track Users’ activities on the Platform, including by use such services’ persistent cookies. Google provides a browser-add on which allows users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites, which can be downloaded here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on your device by visiting the following sites: www.aboutads.info/choices/, www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, and preferences-mgr.truste.com/. If you wish to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on your mobile device, please see the advertising preferences information on support.apple.com for iOS devices or support.google.com for Android devices.
6. Sharing Information with Third Parties
- Hip Mobility Personnel: Personal Information that we collect and process may be transferred to or accessed by personnel of Hip Mobility for the sole purpose of enabling the operation of the Platform, Site and the Services and to contact you. Please note that all Hip Mobility personnel that will have access to your Personal Information are under an obligation of strict confidentiality with respect to such Personal Information.
- You Organization: All information that Hip Mobility shall collect from you and process through your use of the Platform is fully disclosed to your Organization which is an independent controller of such information, and may use your Personal Information for its own independent purposes including for tax and payroll purposes.
- Third Party Transportation Providers: we may share your Personal Information as necessary for fulfilling your interactions and instruction made via the Platform. For example, when you communicate with a Third Party Transportation Provider via the Platform, or when you make a reservation for a ride via the Platform, we shall disclose to the relevant Third Party Transportation Provider the Personal Information required for such purpose. Please note that the processing and handling of Personal Information by such Third Party Transportation Providers is subject to their own privacy policies and Hip Mobility does not assume any liability for any such third party’s processing of your Personal Information.
- Marketing: We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission. We may share or allow access to data collected through tracking technologies to serve you personalized advertising content that may be relevant to your interests.
- Service Providers: Note, that we collect, hold and/or manage Personal Information through Hip Mobility’s authorized third parties vendors of certain products or services (such as, cloud services) (including, as applicable, their affiliates) solely and limited to providing us with such requested services, and not for any other purposes. Such vendors may be located in a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. For more information regarding our Service Providers, please refer to Section 11 below.
For avoidance of doubt, Hip Mobility may use Non-personal Information and transfer and disclose it to third parties at its discretion, including without limitation for statistical, analytical and research purposes and for customization, developing and improvement of the Platform.
7. Your Rights
Hip Mobility acknowledges that under certain circumstances you may have the right to access and to request an amendment or deletion of the Personal Information we collect and process about you. If you wish to access or to correct, amend, or delete Personal Information, please send us an email to: [firstname.lastname@example.org] or use the appropriate functionality in the Platform and we will enable you to fulfill such rights, to the extent it is required under applicable laws. You will also be required to contact your Organization to ensure that you Organization exercised your rights with respect to the Personal Information that it processes. If your Organization requests that Hip Mobility will remove Personal Information, Hip Mobility will respond within a reasonable timeframe, but in any event no later than permitted by applicable law.
Note to our Users in the UK and the EU
We hereby inform you of the following rights (by virtue of UK/EU law), in respect of your Personal Information:
- Right to access: you may have the right to request a review of your Personal Information held by Hip Mobility. We may refuse to comply with your access request if the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive in nature.
- Right to erasure: under certain conditions, you may be entitled to require that Hip Mobility will delete or “block” your Personal Information (e.g., if the continued processing of those data is not justified).
- Right to portability: you may have the right to transfer your Personal Information between data controllers (i.e., to transfer your Personal Information to another entity). The right to data portability only applies where your Personal Information is processed by us with your consent or for the performance of a contract and when processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object to or withdraw consent: where that lawful basis for processing your Personal Information is either “public interest” or “legitimate interests”, those lawful bases are not absolute, and you may have a right to object to such processing. Where you object on grounds of legitimate interest, we shall no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. If the processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time.
- The right to restrict processing – under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information due to your particular situation.
- Right to lodge a complaint: you have the right to lodge a complaint before the relevant data protection authority or supervisory authority of your jurisdiction. The Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK’s supervisory authority, and can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/. Details regarding Data Protection Authorities in different EU Member States may be found here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en.
8. Choices and transparency
Hip Mobility enables Users to access and control certain data that it collects via the App and the site, including without limitation, through in-app settings and device permissions.
8.1. Device permissions
- Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify Users the first time the App requests permission to access certain types of data and gives Users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify Users of the permissions that the App seeks before their first use of the App, and use of the App constitutes a grant of such permission.
- Location data. We request permission for our App’s collection of precise location from a User’s device (whether their own device or otherwise) per the permission system used by their mobile operating system. If Users initially permit the collection of this data, they can later disable it by changing the location settings on their mobile device. However, disabling collection of precise location from their device will not limit our ability to derive an approximate location from their IP address to personalize the content of the Platform and App.
- Please note that the permissions requested by the App include permission to collect Users’ location data for the purposes described above. This permission enables Hip Mobility to collect this data when the App is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device. You may take the following steps to disable the App’s ability to collect precise location data:
- On iOS: Settings → Privacy → Location Services →SummitGround by HQ. → choose Never.
- On Android: Settings → Apps → Permission manager → Location → SummitGround by HQ → choose Deny.
- On Android Lollipop (5.1) and earlier: Settings → Location → toggle Off.
- Account Notifications and updates: Hip Mobility provides Users with notifications and updates related to activity on their Account and booked loads. These notifications are a necessary part of using the App and cannot be disabled. Deactivation of location services, may inhibit the ability of the Services to function properly.
- Push Notifications: potential loads and news Users may enable Hip Mobility to send push notifications about potential loads and news from Hip Mobility. Push notifications may be enabled or disabled through Settings on iOS or Android.
The Platform and Site are intended for Users over the age of eighteen (18). Therefore, Hip Mobility does not intend and does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of eighteen (18). We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under this age are not using the Platform. If we learn that we collected Personal Information from minors under the age of eighteen (18) we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Please contact Hip Mobility at [email@example.com] if you have reasons to suspect that Hip Mobility collected Personal Information from minors under the age of eighteen (18) and we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Platform and Site and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. Your Personal Information is hosted on third parties’ servers, which provide advanced strict security standards (both physical and logical). Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. Hip Mobility will comply with applicable law in the event of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your Personal Information and will inform you of such breach to the extent so required by applicable law.
TO THE EXTENT THAT HIP MOBILITY IMPLEMENTED THE REQUIRED SECURITY MEASURES UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, HIP MOBILITY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
11. Third Party Service Providers
Such third parties service providers may include without limitation the following service providers:
- Hosting Cloud Services, such as Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services.
- Payment Services, such as Stripe.
- Transportation providers, such as Lyft, Curb, Gett, Bolt and Blacklane.
- Communication Services, such as Twilio.
- Analytics Services, such as Google Analytics.
12. Links to Third Party Websites
13. International Data Transfer
Note to non-UK/EU based Users
BY SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO HIP MOBILITY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, AND AGREE, IN JURISDICTION WHERE SUCH CONSENT IS REQUIRED, TO SUCH TRANSFER, STORING AND/OR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Note to our Users in the UK/EU:
If you are located in the UK/EU, you have a right to request further information regarding the data transfer mechanisms used by us with respect to data transfers to third countries.
In order to keep your Personal Information safe, we apply strict safeguards when transferring it outside of the UK/EU, which may include the following:
- Transferring your personal information to countries approved by the ICO/DPA as having adequate data protection laws, such as Israel; and
- Entering into standard contractual clauses, that have been approved by the ICO/DPA and which provide an adequate level of high-quality protection, with the recipients of your Personal Information.
14. Direct Marketing
To the extent permitted under applicable law, you hereby agree that we may use your contact details you provided us with (including, without limitation, e-mail address and phone number) for the purpose of providing you commercial and/or non-commercial materials related to our current and/or future activities and/or products. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you.
15. Data Retention
Hip Mobility will retain your Personal Information for as long as your Account to use the Platform is active and if longer, as long as required by applicable law, for archiving purposes, to defend against potential legal claims and to comply without legal obligations. Personal Information which is no longer required for the purpose for which it was initially collected will be deleted unless we have a valid justification to retain it which is permitted under applicable law, such as to resolve disputes or comply with our legal obligations.
Notwithstanding, Hip Mobility will retain the Personal Information that your Organization has instructed us to process for it for as long as needed to provide Hip Mobility’s services to your Organization, and in accordance with the contractual terms stipulated between Hip Mobility and your Organization. Your Organization can at any time instruct us to delete such Personal Information.
17. Got any Questions?