How HQ provides a last-mile commute solution for leading technology company in San Fran
San Francisco, California
Our client develops online task management software solutions that allow teams to assign tasks and deadlines and track the progress of projects. The company serves a wide range of industries including technology, retail, education, non-profit, government, healthcare, media, and financial services. In April 2021, our client moved to a brand new headquarters in San Francisco’s Mission District with a design focused on in-person collaboration, and wellness.
The Business Need:
As a leading software technology company, our client sought a last-mile shuttle solution for employees at their new San Francisco headquarters. Prior to the office relocation, our client had a traditional, low-tech shuttle service. However, the passenger experience was lackluster resulting in unreliable shuttle times. For this reason, our client looked for a technology-first shuttle solution. Moreover, the shuttle service needed to mirror the state-of-the-art office experience in terms of comfort, convenience, and technology connectivity.
We designed a daily shuttle service that provided a seamless last-mile journey for our client’s employees traveling to their San Francisco headquarters. The intention was to create a commute and passenger experience that reflected the ethos of our client’s company culture of productivity and collaboration. For this reason, our shuttles included onboard WiFi and USB charging ports to transform transportation time into a more productive journey.
Our easy-to-use app-enabled employees to reserve a ride, purchase tickets, see schedule times, and track the shuttle in real-time. In contrast to our client’s previous shuttle partner, our technology, including push delay notifications and live ETAs, ensured employees had real-time visibility at all times.
- The HQ Corporate Shuttle service has become an integral part of the employee commute and has grown rapidly since its launch.
- We successfully provided last-mile transport from major San Francisco transit hubs to our client’s Folsom Street headquarters.
- Facilitating easier connections to existing BART services helped reduce private car commuting, inner-city congestion, and associated greenhouse gas emissions.
- Our client’s investments in last-mile shuttle transportation have further cemented their position as a leading workplace.
- For five years in a row, our client has been listed as a Fortune Best Place to Work because of their innovative approach to enhancing company culture which now includes employee shuttles as an employee benefit.
- Furthermore, actively encouraging shared rides as an alternative to single-occupancy vehicles has contributed to offsetting our client’s carbon footprint.
Want to see how HQ can support your business?
Leave your info and we'll get in touch
One of the world’s largest asset managers. Offers investment management, risk management, and advisory services. Operates in 30 countries with 70 offices and 18,000 employees.
HQ returned to GBTA 2023 for the second year as we stepped out in hot and humid Dallas, Texas! It was a…
At HQ, our business model is based on transparency for our clients and supplier partners. At a time of changing market dynamics, recession fears, inflation, and market volatility, this transparency is now business-critical. In particular, providing your employees, and travel managers, with access to the right information at the right time to make informed decisions. It’s about empowering your employees so they have the freedom and flexibility to manage their ground travel arrangements autonomously. At the same, proactively ensuring they are mindful of ride prices. That is why accurate ride price estimations are essential.